WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Who is Aliy and why does she have a blog?

Aliy is my Samoyed. Her full name is CH WhiteStar's Yukon Quest WS HIC but we call her Aliy or AlBear. Aliy was conceived in January 2000 and born March 16, 2000, first in a litter of six. She was named after Aliy Zirkle, the first woman to win the Yukon Quest Sled dog race (tougher than the Iditarod!) in January of 2000.

Aliy was bred a few weeks ago and we hope she is expecting puppies in mid June. When I have had litters in the past I have put up web pages to keep interested parties and prospective puppy owners up to date on what's happening with the litter. You can see the page I put up for Aliy and her littermates right here. It was a lot of work... I am hoping that doing it via a blog will make it easier. In case you are interested, Aliy was Yellow Girl in the litter.

Aliy was bred to a boy named Tiger (CH Silverplume's Hole in One) several times during the week of April 17 thru April 22. That puts her due date sometime between June 14 thru June 23. I hope to know if she is pregnant on May 24 when we visit the vet for a Relaxin blood test.

In the meantime I'll be putting info on Aliy and Tiger up here on the blog for people to check out.