WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Friday, May 28, 2004

The Mighty Huntress

I think Aliy is hungry.

Dont' get me wrong, all my girls have always had good appetities, including Aliy. Some are down right obsessive about food (Kelly and Boom'r are the worst!) and some don't care as much as others (Ilsa and Abbey). Aliy has alway seen right in the middle. Not one to miss a meal, but doesn't go out of her way to "find" food. Until now.

Last Friday as I was driving to the dog shows in Albuquerque my husband called me and told me he thought I might be interested to know that Aliy was attempting to provde a little "extra protein" for her kids. He found her with a freshly killed ground squirrel which he quickly took away and disposed of.

This week I have seen Aliy in the yard, hunting ground squirrels with much more intensity than normal. She often comes in with her head covered in dirt and a very satisfied look on her face.

I don't want to know any more than that.