WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Friday, June 18, 2004

I Think Today is the Day.

Or maybe the early hours of towmorrow.

Something is very different about Aliy today. Her eyes have a glazed look to them and she's just seems **different**. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part. As I said yesterday, I'm ready.

I just finished putting the bedding in the box a little while ago. The whelping box is in the only part of the main floor of my house that is not over the basement. That means the floor is colder there than anywhere else. Usually this would not be an issue in June but we are having a cold snap right now....I don't think it was much above 55 here yesterday. And the ceramic tile floor in that room was very chilly to my bare feet this morning.

So to counteract the cold floor we have used layers. Ocver the tile we have first a piece of vinyl flooring. Then two blankets. Then a layer of newspapers followed by a layer of towels. We will go thru a LOT of newspapers in the next few weeks and wash a LOT of towels.

My friend Mary (the owner and breeder of Aliy's dad Yukie) says we will have puppies by 5 pm. I wouldn't mind if she could hold off until just a little later so that my friend Kris (owner of Aliy's "boyfriend" Tiger) could be here. Kris has been doing this a lot longer than I have, and has done it more often and a lot more recently!

I will take her temp again in another hour or so... will post it here when I do!

Anyone want to place their bets on when the pups will arrive? Leave a comment and tell me what you think!