WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Monday, August 02, 2004

The Name Game

Sorry for not being better about posting this week.... I was VERY busy at work... and then yesterday my internet connection was down most of the day and into the night. Excuses, excuses....

In any case, the pups continue to grow like weeds.... Red is closing on on 10 lbs! Six week weights will be posted later this evening when I post their birthday pictures.

In the meantime, put your thinking caps on... I'm trying to come up with names for the girls that I can suggest to the potential new owners. Given that mom Aliy (CH WhiteStar's Yukon Quest HIC WS) is named after Aliy Zirkle, first woman to win the grueling Yukon Quest sled race, and dad Tiger (CH Silverplume's Hole in One) is named ater Tiger Woods, one of the worlds greatest golfers, I think we have a sports theme going on. I'm trying to come up with names that fit famous female athletes of the past and present.

I have a name all picked out for MY puppy already, but I'm not telling yet :) I have to make SURE it's right for her.

Here are some of the others that have been suggested:

WhiteStar's All That Glitters - Shane (Gould) or any other gold medalist....
WhiteStar's Pitchin' a Fit - Jenny (Finch)
WhiteStar's Ice Dancer - Katarina (Witt), Midori (Ito), Oksana (Bayoul)
WhiteStar's Danc'n on Ice - Katarina (Witt), etc
WhiteStar's Elegance on Ice - Katarina (Witt), etc
Whitestar's U Can't Catch Me - Flo-Jo (Florence Griffith Joyner)
WhiteStar's Downhill Racer - Picabo (Street)
WhiteStar's Playin' with the Boys - Annika (Sorenstam)
WhiteStar's Winter Quest - ??? a skier? a skater??

Give me more ideas!!