WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Friday, June 04, 2004

This and That....

Nothing major to report.... just a few details about what's going on with Aliy....

I switched her over from regular dog food to puppy food this week. She's now eating Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul. She'll stay on that thru the rest of her pregnancy and thru the weaning of the pups. The pups will start on it when they are somewhere around 3 weeks old as well. I also increased the amount of food she's getting. Some people don't believe in increasing the amount of food the mom eats until after the pups are born, but Aliy is always so lean that I will feel better if she puts on a little extra weight now. There is no chance of her getting fat, trust me on that!

I have another dog show this weekend, right here in out hometown of Colorado Springs so no driving this weekend. Yeah!! This is the 4th weekend in a row of dog shows... we will be ready for a break. Plus we need to start getting all the little details taken care of before the pups come.

I will set up the whelping box and nursery area next week. I need to find some blanekts for the floor, need to make a run to GoodWill I guess. I also need to figure out what I'm going to do about newspapers... we no longer get the daily paper so I have no "stash" of papers to fill the whelping box with. I may need to go buy a few dozen the next couple Sundays!

Also need to buy a new thermometer this next week. Aliy's earliest due date is the 14th... I plan to start taking her temperature on the 10th so I have good "normal" baseline well before she has the pups. I've put a chart on the sidebar to the right so you can all follow along with us as we wait for the puppies to arrive.

I also need to get some ribbon or some markers to mark the pups when they are born so I can keep track of who is who.

Let's see what else... oh yeah need to schedule an appointment to get her x-rays... probably around the 10th or so.

That's it for now!