WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Where's the Aliy-Cam??

7am temp: 99.3 sigh....

I had to take the Aliy-Cam down for a while this morning.... I was trying to do some internet research (guess what subject??) and my outbound connection was so sloooooooow because I think all of my allotted connection speed was being used up by people trying to view the Aliy-Cam. Once I unplugged it, things sure speeded up from my end anyway!

The way my ISP guys explained it to me is that they don't limit my bandwidth per month (a good thing), but they do put a cap on how fast I can upload or download stuff. I think the cap is 512k which is pretty fast. If I understand that right, it means if I'm the only one accessing my connection I get the whole 512k. But if I'm trying to do something and someone else is coming in to view the Aliy-Cam, then we each only get 250k. If there are 10 people we'd each get 50k etc. Anyway that was my reasoning for taking it down temporarily.

In any case I'll have it back up later this morning.

In Aliy news there is **nothing** to report. At this point I think we can proclaim her the Most Boring Dog in the World.