WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

It Was the Ice Cream

7am temp: 97.5

Yes, we have a temperature drop.

Last night I gave Aliy some ice cream around 8:30. (No, she's not spoiled or anything.) Checked her temp a half hour later, it was at 99.3. Two hour later it was at 99.2. Those were the lowest temps ever at night. And other than back on the 13th, the only time her temp has gotten lower as the day has gone on. At 5 am it was 98 and at 7 am 97.5. This is what I have been waiting for.

She was restless last night from about 10 until midnight... I treed having her stay in the whelping box but she just wanted to lay on the cool tile floor.

This morning it is obvious she has one thing on her mind, although I'm not sure she understands why.... Must. Get. To. Hole. Must. Get. To. Hole. Needless to say, she is not allowed out in the yard at this point without a leash on!

As I type this I am sitting with her in the whelping box. She has climbed onto my lap (which is making the typing tough) and she appears to just want some reassurance that all is well. Kris is on her way, hopefully puppies in a short time, although it vould be hours from now.