WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Saturday, July 03, 2004

The Box

Each evening when I change the bedding in the whelping box I have to put the pups somewhere else safe while the box is being cleaned. For the first few days they went into the box I had used during whelping. They also took their first trip to the vet in that box.

Then we moved to a slightly larger box. But it looks to me like we need another new box now....



To the left is the original box. Hard to imagine all four of them ever fit in there!

We are starting to have some really warm days now. Yesterday I had to break out the ice packs. I wrapped them in towels and left them in the whelping box. At one point Black had climbed on top of one and was sound asleep. I grabbed the camera but just as I clicked the shutter she rolled off.

Doesn't Yellow look relaxed here? More and more they are starting to take on little dog characteristics instead of just being hamsters.



I was out for several hours yesterday afternoon. When I got back Black and Red were walking!! Not very steadily, and they have to be really excited to do it, but they were definitely UP ON THEIR FEET! Hopefully I can get a picture of that today. In the meantime we have a new feature.... Look What We Can Do!...with a link over on the sidebar over there >>>>>>

Still no eyes have opened... I really thought Red would have hers open by now.