WhiteStar Samoyeds does not recommend nor endorse any breeder, product or service
        whose ad happens to appear at the top of this page.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Introducing......

The Girls

Yellow Girl     Black Girl





Purple Girl     Red Girl


See what A Bad Girl Purple is already - refusing to pose for her Birthday photo.

The first thing both my husband and I noticed about these pups was that they have ears! I am used to puppies that look like this the first week of their lives, with their ears plastered to their heads like little seals. Not these girls!

Details, details....
Aliy went into Labor about 5 am. About 6 am her first water sac broke and shortly after that I saw a little mouth and nose. But that was all. For about 10 minutes (seemed like hours!) that's ALL I saw. There was nothing I could do, nothing I could pull on, I just had to wait until Aliy felt like pushing some more. Kris kept me calm via the phone and suddenly we had a puppy. A girl. Yeah! Color Yellow in honor of her Mom Aliy, first born girl in Kachina's litter.

An hour later out popped another girl, this one came as as easy as could be. Color Black in honor of her Aunt Raven, second born girl in Kachina's litter.

Another hour, another girl, Purple, two hours later the last girl "color coded" Red.

So far they are delightful puppies. Quiet, good nursers, sound sleepers.. and... they already make me laugh with some of the things they have done. Black is very strong and has already climbed out of the ready box several times!

We took a quick trip to the vet earlier today, he pronounced them strong and healthy girls with clear lungs and strong heartbeats. I leave you with a picture of mama Aliy and her newborn babies...